Ancient fortified

Description

Typical ancient fortified farmhouse surrounded by the beautiful countryside of Val di Noto, Unesco heritage. The rural buildings for sale were built in 1662 as evidenced by the date imprinted on the keystone of one of the entrances on the ground floor (of the most impressive complex). The complex of buildings has an area of about 2,400 square meters spread over two levels around a large courtyard of about 400 square meters, with local stone paving and a cistern inside it. Around the farm there is a beautiful land of relevance with an area of 22 hectares entirely planted with olive and carob trees.
The farm, dating from the second half of the seventeenth century, is almost completely restored, notable elements are the stone arches, the portal to access the courtyard, the roof with wooden beams, the louvers, a well inside the courtyard and the rose windows present in some rooms of the farm.
PROPERTY DESCRIPTION.
The Melilli farm is accessed by an interpodal road that leads along the highway 124. The Masseria is located about 9 km from the town of Solarino and is surrounded by unspoilt rural surroundings and a stone’s throw from the Pantalica Necropolis. The building adds to the Spartan characteristics, typical of its agro-pastoral function, also characteristic and fine residential architectural features. A glimpse of the street, which touches the block above it, is appropriate to grasp the grandeur and the dual function of the building. The farm, which still appears to be well maintained, has two low-rise buildings consisting of various animal shelters and storage areas, which gather around two squared and open courtyards.
Two heavy doors, which also overlook the courtyards, prevented access to the internal warehouses and the baronial residence on two floors. The façade of the building facing South, has a large veranda overlooking a lush garden, which overlooks two very tall palm trees. Even today, at the entrance of the dirt road that leads to Melilli, two blocks of lava stone bear witness to one of the many passages owned by the farm.
The building has been used as a charming accommodation facility and after recent renovations it has 21 apartments for a total of 80 beds. The 14 suites have a kitchenette so as to be completely independent, equipped with services and the systems are designed for air conditioning. In the structure there are common areas a bar, restaurant, conversation room with adjoining kitchen and toilets adapted to the regulations on disabled people, all for a total area of 310 square meters.
Outside the building you can set up an area for parking and in the opposite part you can build a swimming pool, tennis court, two bowling greens, a playground for children and an equipped parking area for campers.
LOCATION
La Masseria is 17 km from the town of Palazzolo Acreide, 23.7 km from Syracuse, 40 km from the Baroque town of Noto, Unesco World Heritage Site and 44 km from the Vendicari Wildlife Reserve, 66.1 km from Catania Fontanarossa Airport and 63 km from Pio la Torre airport in Comiso.
HISTORY OF THE MASSERIA.
The Masseria is located in c.da Melilli a few kilometers from the town of Solarino. In ancient times the lands of Melilli were part of the immense barony of Bibino Magno and were owned, from the last part of the XIII century, by the families Entensa, Campolo and Alagona. This last family, feudatory also of the city of Palazzolo, after having given some endowment property the great feud Bibia to the Abelas, continued to invest in the barony of Bibino magno, composed of the marcati; Valle della Fame, Santo Lio, Comuni and Melilli, In 1689 Donna Lucia Alagona and her husband Giuseppe Lucchese managed to obtain a sentence in their favor which recognized their rights also on the marked Mandra of woman and Monastero Germano. The enormous possessions of the Alagona due to extinction of the male descendancy then passed to the Lucchese and from these to the Denti family.
In 1776 Vincenzo Denti, having obtained the necessary direct approval, sold half of his Melilli brand to Giuseppe Catalano and the other half to Vincenzo Navanteri, both buyers invested the same year. The Navanteri, conquered a leading position through land intermediation, with the purchase of Melilli began that process of ennobling which soon led them to occupy the major public offices of Syracuse and to be awarded the title of Marquises of Belfronte . The Syracusan family, as a sign of its undoubted financial abilities, began to build on the lands of Melilli one of the largest rural building complexes in our area.

Questo post è anche disponibile in: it

Detail

  • Reference: 13739
  • Type: Land and Houses
  • Sold: No
  • Contract: Sale
  • Status: Habitable
  • Location: Palazzolo
  • Home area: 2.400 mq
  • Material: Carrubeto, Uliveto
  • Rooms: 21
  • Beds: 21

Amenities

  • Air conditioning
  • Annex
  • Anti theft
  • Attic
  • Balcony
  • bathroom without shower
  • Bikes
  • Buildable
  • Casale
  • Cellar
  • Chicken coop
  • Cleaning after exit
  • Closet
  • Coffee maker
  • Cookware
  • Corte
  • Cot
  • Courtyard
  • Cowl
  • Cultivation
  • Cutlery
  • Dammuso
  • Dependance
  • Deposit
  • Dishwasher
  • Dry stone walls
  • Electric kitchen
  • Electricity
  • Entrance
  • Farm
  • Freezer
  • Fridge
  • Garden
  • Garden Furniture
  • Garret
  • Gas cooker
  • Grill
  • Hall
  • Heating
  • Internet
  • Iron
  • Kitchen livable
  • Laundry
  • Lavello esterno
  • Lift
  • Linen
  • Living area
  • Living room
  • Mezzanine
  • Microwave
  • Original floors
  • Outdoor shower
  • Oven
  • Panoramic
  • Parking space
  • pets
  • Phon
  • Private Lido
  • Refrigerator
  • Rustic
  • Satellite Tv
  • Seaview
  • Sheets
  • Solarium
  • Stables
  • Sunroom
  • Swimming pool
  • television
  • Tenement
  • Terrace
  • Towels
  • Water
  • Well

Floor Plans

Video

Questo post è anche disponibile in: it